In celebration of Black Speculative Fiction Month, Mocha Memoirs Press has released Blood, Sweat, and Blaster Bolts: Adrenaline Charged Tales of Speculative Fiction, a collection of high octane science fiction short stories written by Ronald T. Jones. Renowned for his thrilling, military science fiction novels, Jones’ new collection promises more blood, sweat, and blaster bolts! This is Jones’s third release from Mocha Memoirs Press.
Blurbs: Come explore the outer reaches of the universe. Charge up your adrenaline and strap on your courage for action adventure among the stars!
- Outpost: An embittered solitary commander of an isolated space station faces the grave threat of an invading enemy armada along the ruinous frontier of a fallen galactic empire.
- Freebooter: A smuggler crash lands on an uncharted planet. Her only way off-world is to ally with the planet’s inhabitants in their struggle against a malignant horde of blood sucking monsters.
- Safeguard: Earth is a wasteland, except for a domed utopia populated by a segment of humanity that has managed to remain at peace for centuries. But that peace is threatened by starfarring zealots bent on spreading a harshly rigid ideology through force if necessary.
- Mission on Gined: An officer, transferred to an embattled planet, must tackle the mystery of human deaths that may or may not have been the result of enemy action. All he has to do is survive the war zone long enough to get the answer he needs.
- Approaching a Day of Reckoning: In the far future, humanity languishes at the bottom of a hierarchy of advanced races. It falls on the shoulders of one man to over turn the status quo…no matter what it takes to achieve that end.
- Tyler’s Goddess: A Special Forces operator suddenly finds himself in a strange realm that is most certainly not Earth. Now, he must use his deadly skill set to save a dwindling human population from extinction at the hands of bloodthirsty non-human savages.
- Mist Lord: A newly posted ambassador to a lesser world riven by violence and corruption strikes up a relationship with the ruthless leader of a powerful criminal organization. But all is not as it appears. The criminal’s actions and the ambassador’s dealings will have galaxy wide ramifications.
- The Formula: In an alternate, steam driven world, two agents serving a once great West African state are sent on a mission to obtain a secret that could radically impact the international order. But this is no easy venture. Other nations are after this prize. The agents must face an onslaught of ruthless enemies with enhanced capabilities in a battle for the future.
Owner, Nicole Givens Kurtz states, “Blood, Sweat, and Blaster Bolts: Adrenaline Charged Tales of Speculative Fiction is an thrilling and diverse science fiction collection. This is Afrofuturism, military science fiction at its absolute best.”
You can get a copy of Blood, Sweat, and Blaster Bolts: Adrenaline Charged Tales of Speculative Fiction at the Mocha Memoirs Press website, Amazon, and other fine online retailers. You can also order the paperback from brick and mortar bookstores.